- 6 Videos
- 7 Quizzes
- 1 Survey
- 1 Text
- 2.2 hrs
As part of its Builders in the Boardroom continuing education series, GVHBA is presenting Budgeting, Cash Flow, Metrics & KPIs – The Financing Code. Even profitable companies struggle when cash flow is not managed properly. Whether budgeting for a project, a month, a year or five years, effective budgeting and cash flow forecasting are the cornerstone to building an efficient and sustainable business and to open up extensive financing opportunities to fund your growth and operations.
In this session, business owners will learn:
- The five year plan – why bother?
- The one-year budget – how to make it work for you
- Nuts and bolts project planning
- Impact of time on project plans – dollars, resources and overhead
- Difference between Profit and Loss (P&L) budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Cash management
- Using your data - actuals and variance analysis for the construction business owner
- AP, AR, Inventory and Bad Debt
- Key ratios and what they mean to you
- Success factors for effective financing – the financing code
Approved for 2 CPD points under the Financial Planning and Management category
Note: If you have already taken this course in person, repeating it online will not qualify for additional CPD points.
Michael Boschitsch, CPA, CGA is the founder of Stairway Business Consulting Inc., a GVHBA member company. Michael is a designated CPA and works as a fractional (part time) Chief Financial Officer and change management consultant to companies as they transition through rapid growth phases, succession and other significant changes. Michael has worked with a wide range of construction industry companies seeking financing and is also a Forum Chair with MacKay CEO Forums, providing results-oriented, professionally led, peer learning groups for CEOs and top executives.
Alisa Aragon provides her mortgage expertise through Dominion Lending Centres Mountain View Ltd. and is an active member of the Greater Vancouver Home Builders Association. She is an expert in developing short- and long-term strategies that are customized for each individual client. Her strategies include the best mortgage with the most favourable terms and rates to suit your needs.