- 4 Videos
- 1 Quiz
- 1 Survey
- 1 Text
- 1.5 hrs
This course features a panel of speakers sharing comprehensive strategies to reduce housing construction waste in the Metro Vancouver region. Builders will learn about current and upcoming waste regulations, benefits/challenges/environmental impact of cost-comparable removal solutions such as house upcycling and deconstruction, and also the responsible removal of demolition materials from residential buildings.
- Get the latest information about the regulations surrounding housing removal and waste reduction
- To raise awareness of alternative solutions to demolition: home recycling and deconstruction as a waste management option.
- the benefits and challenges
- the cost differences
- the environmental impact
- builder's role and responsibilities
- To educate on the circumstances that make the house removal options viable:
- Structural soundness
- How these options can benefit affordable housing developments.
- Responsible removal of waste with demolition
Approved for 1.5 CPDs in Business Management
Note: If you have already taken this course in person, repeating it online will not qualify for additional CPD points.
- Maria Lo, Assistant Project Engineer, Solid Waste Planning, Metro Vancouver
- Lisa Brideau, Senior Sustainability Specialist, City of Vancouver
- Cassidy vander Ros, Nickel Bros House Moving
- Adam Corneil, CEO and Founder, Unbuilders
- Scott Foran, COO and Co-Founder, 505 Junk
- Jim Connelly, Nickel Bros House Moving