This course focuses on helping members better understand the provincial Water Act (RSBC 1979), Chapter 429 and its interpretation. Presented by Jacques Benoit, Susan Blundell, and Christie Lucas of WSP, this webinar will focus on understanding the basics of the Water Act, definitions and criteria, designation of what is a watercourse, application referrals and navigating the approval process. With a primary focus on Section 11 of the Act, information on Section will also be provided.
The format provides for 30-minute presentation and a 30-minute Q&A, ensuring an information and engaging session.
- Intro and Health & Safety Moment
- Overview of the Act and key definitions
- Water Sustainability Regulations and Additional Permits or Acts
- Section 11 Overview
- Section 10 Overview
- Steps in the Application and Information Requests
- Application and Approval Timings
- WSP’s Lessons Learned and how to streamline the process to get a positive response
- Services WSP can provide
This is a complimentary webinar for CHBA BC and HAVAN members.