HAVAN Academic Integrity Policy
The Homebuilders Association Vancouver (HAVAN) delivers both in-class and online courses, most of which offer BC Housing-approved Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits. As education is an integral and valued service to members, HAVAN works to ensure its educational programming remains relevant and meets the evolving requirements of the residential homebuilding industry, while supporting policies that maintain HAVAN’s academic integrity and credibility. The success of HAVAN’s educational programming is based on the students’ motivation to learn the course content, to benefit their businesses, clients and industry, and to complete the training with honesty and integrity.
By enrolling in any HAVAN continuing education course, you are agreeing to abide by the following terms:
- Not to misrepresent/mislead who is attending and completing the course;
- Complete all materials/readings, tests and assignments on my own and as intended, unless collaboration is explicitly permitted;
- Not engage in any activity that would dishonestly affect my results, or improve/ negatively impact the results of others;
- Understanding that my course progress is subject to routine monitoring by HAVAN; and
- Abide by HAVAN’s policies to ensure academic honesty and completion.
If you are found in violation of HAVAN’s Academic Integrity Policy, you will be subject to one or more of the following actions:
- Receiving a zero/incomplete/no credit for an assignment, test or course.
- Having any certificate and associated CPD credits withheld or revoked.
- Require paying an administrative fee for course violations.
- Being unenrolled from a course without compensation.
- Removed from eLearn/HAVAN education completely and no longer eligible to take future courses nor receive compensation (refund/course credit) for courses already purchased without exception.
- Additional actions may be taken at the sole discretion of HAVAN and its course providers. No refunds will be issued in the case of any corrective action for such violations against HAVAN’s Academic Integrity Policy.
If there are questions about HAVAN’s Academic Integrity Policy or its educational programming, contact HAVAN at 778-565-4288 or [email protected].